What is Google My Business?
Google My Business or the short-term GMB is a tool offered by Google for free for any business or organization to manage their online submission through different search engines. As a result, Google My Busines is very important for companies, in particular for local businesses to pop up in Google maps and Search Engine Pages.
Therefore, it has several features that can enhance local businesses’ GMB listing and helps businesses to increase their rank in local searches. In this part, a big role has SEO (search engine optimization).
Here are some methods to optimize GMB
– The first step is to complete your company or business profile information. This means creating a profile with detailed, accurate, and updated information for your Google My Business page. Another important thing in this step is to ensure you have filled out all the needful fields to complete your GMB Listing. Here you have to include:
- Your Full Business Name
- A phone number from the company (ex. from reception)
- Business Address
- The company Website
- The Category of your business
- Working hours
- Questions and Answers
- It’s optional to use and other additional fields depending on your industry
Remember that all this information makes it much easier for potential clients to find and contact your company for any transactions. On another hand, making full listing details for your company, increase the possibility to be recognized by Google and rank you on the results page.
– The second method of GMB is to post relevant content on Your Google Posts Section. In this section, you can post anything for your business like your upcoming events, company announcements, blog articles, product promotions, holiday messages, and so on. You have to think that a lot of people are influenced based on your business’s recent posts. So, always ensure to post relevant, high-quality, and useful content on your Google My Business account.
– The third one is to choose a specific category. It’s very important this part and helps Google to specify which searches does your local listing belongs to. You have the possibility to choose from the list of available categories.
– The fourth is related to images. Always Upload High-resolution Photos on Your Google My Business. It helps to get 42% more requests for directions to their whereabouts and 35% more clicks to their websites compared to those businesses without photos. The best options for images are:
- A photo has to be In JPG or PNG format.
- The sizes of any image have to be from 10 KB to 5MB.
- Minimal resolution in any photo should be 720px x 720px.
– In the five-step, it is recommended to use a Local Contact Number. In this way, Google will discover exactly where you are (your local area). Also, you have to monitor your Google My Business Q & A section. This part helps potential customers who may ask a significant question regarding your business, and you can answer those queries.
– The last method is related to Google Reviews. A very influential point on Google My Business are Google reviews from customers. Any local business that has positive and conclusive reviews can gain more trust from their customers and tend to get more engagements to potential clients. In addition, online reviews can also influence search result rankings and click-through rates.
To optimize your Google My Business listing is not any difficult thing as you might think. But the most important thing to know is how to do it. Every small or big change can definitely have a positive effect on your Search Engine Optimization. For any other specific method related to SEO, Vesa Solutions Team will help you. With our experience, we will be able to give you increases in the online world. Feel free to contact us at 416-628-3793 or to send us an email at [email protected].